Thursday 28 March 2013

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back to your preliminary task, what do you feel that you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product.


Here is a preliminary of my preliminary where we practiced some shots to see what they look like on camera and give us some ideas as to what we could do for our preliminary task. I added some titles to show what sort of shot each one is to help us.



Here is my preliminary task where we put our filming knowledge that we had learnt to practice. The task helped me see what shots look like on camera, how to use final cut and how to export the video. With the combination of this and other inspiration clips,we saw what shots we could include and where to include them. I learnt that camera position if crucial because at the end, it is difficult to see what is going on in the room. We could have improved this by changing the angle or position of the camera.



From our preliminary task, we made a recreation of the beginning of Juno's opening sequence. This allowed us to use everything we knew and apply it to our video. I used LiveType to create the titles which gave it animation and made it more interesting. I found it a challenge to use the software but i did so successfully. The main aspect that I took away from this is the order of titles. I learnt what order they should go in and how they can go over the image and I could move them using the wire frame.


                       

Before creating our Main thriller opening, we watched some clips that could be inspirational to us and learnt about narrative theories so we could decide if we wanted to follow them and conventions or challenge them.




Here are some pictures of our story board in early stages. From the Juno recreation, we learnt how important a story board is and how the detail can help. We wrote down everything we needed to know about the shots such as the angle, whats happening, camera movement and so on.


Here is my rough cut. I began editing on the beginning section but the whole thing is pretty rough.




I asked my target audience what they thought of my rough cut and used their feedback to change sections and improve them. This is a rough cut before I created my soundtrack. I wanted to use my inspirations with a combination of what the audience thought would work well with the film content.


From this stage, I made my sound track on garage band and began playing around with it until I came to something I liked. I then had to export it on SoundBooth and import that version onto my final cut timeline.






































Overall, all of this came together to build my final product. i do feel it was a success even though there were many aspects I could have improved upon. I learnt a lot about technology and the film industry throughout this course and i have tried to apply everything I've learnt to get to this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment