Friday 1 March 2013

Editing

I imported all my video clips into Final Cut and began editing them. I Began editing the first section that we filmed in school. I wanted the film to open gradually and have camera shots to engage the audience immediately and make them wonder whats happening. This would also portray the idea of the character being watched to suggest the role of the man to the audience.

I used After Effects to create the camera shot effect as you cam see below.
I used the timer to get black rectangles to shut and open as well as making a light flash at the same time. It was really difficult because I had to continuously play around and change it to get it in the right place and the timings right. To make it look more like a camera, I added a cross heir in the middle to show what the focus point is.

Below is the time line to show the beginning section that I started editing. After working into this section a bit, I decided to create a rough cut and place everything else on the timeline so I know where it should go and how long each clip should roughly be.

I wanted to make the beginning few shots look like their in a dark room so I tried to edit one of the scenes in After Effects. It was difficult because the watch and legs of the character became unclear when I made it darker. I tried giving it a dark green colour correction to make it look like night vision and this is my result below. If I use this effect, I would have to apply it to all the shots in the room. However, I want to look at the whole opening before I apply an edit over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment