Thursday 18 October 2012

Preliminary task


BASIC CAMERA TIPS
We used some of these tips to help us plan how we could go about recording our preliminary movie clip. Looking at this, we had to make sure we had continuity.
The image below shows the 180 degree rule which we constantly reminded ourself about the keep continuity.


This image shows the 180 degree rule we we tried to keep to ensure continuity.

To come up with the idea, we brainstormed different ideas and roughly acted a few out in rough to visually see how it would work. We didn't plan out the the idea very effectively but we planned the basics and then added into it. George planned the scenes through a story board while I wrote out the script. 
The shoot was hard to do alone, especially with over the shoulder shots which is why we had to get some help 
We did the preliminary task to get an idea of how to shoot using all the different techniques while using them with the mind set of a director.I learnt how to effectively create match on action, record from my point of view and many others while considering basic techniques such as good head room, rule of thirds and panning.I learnt how to create the video with continuity. Although i learnt all these new skills while combining them with the ones i already knew, there were a few mistakes with my editing. I had difficulties trying to create match on action and making it blend together in some areas. You can see it is fairly jumpy in some areas which i tried to cover up by using the pen tool to fade it out in a specific place at a certain level. I learned that i should give some lea-way when recording so i can crop some sections and match different sections more effectively. I also think that the sound and noise in the background makes it slightly unclear and rough. I could cover it up or take the sound out. I could pre record our voices and match them in.


This screen shot of my final cut sequence shows my match on action where i open the door from the outside and where i've matched it to where i walk into the room.

In the screenshot below, you can see where i have added an effect of a grey colour and a bad TV effect to create a cctv style camera shot. I then changed around how fuzzy i wanted it to be.

I used a few effects and changed them around slightly to how i wanted them as you can see in the screen shot above. i also used typography at the beginning to show the title in a way to make it seem like it is typing.


This is a screen shot of my sequence to show where i have the video clips, audio, effects, typography and where i have used the pen tool to fade in and out.



No comments:

Post a Comment